Kenneth R. Hoffman papers
Scope and Contents
The Kenneth R. Hoffman papers (MC 18) span the years 1968-1980, with the bulk of the material, 1969-1973. The material consists of agendas, minutes, reports, correspondence, flyers, and ephemera. Hoffman’s undergraduate years were an intense period of activity and change at Rensselaer. Political issues such as shared governance, presidential selection process, inadequate library services, the 1970 National Student Strike; and social issues such as race relations, birth control and education were among the many items of debate on campus at this time. Anti-war activities and matters of the Requisites for a Technological University are especially well documented in this collection. Other records provide a sort of day in the life of an undergraduate student documenting academic curricula and fraternity, sports and social activities.
- Created: 1968-1980
- Hoffman, Kenneth Robert (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Box 6, Folder 18 is restricted to initiated brothers of Acacia.
0.40 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The Hoffman papers consists of agendas, minutes, reports, correspondence, flyers, and ephemera from Hoffman's undergraduate years at R.P.I. The bulk of the material, 1969-1973 emphasizes an intense period of campus activity and change at Rensselaer regarding political issues on campus and nationally.
The collection is arranged into four series: I. Student Government, II. Student Committees, III. Acacia Fraternity, IV. Subject Files. The content of each series is arranged alphabetically and chronologically within each subject.
- Acacia Fraternity
- Acacia Fraternity -- Rensselaer Chapter
- Agendas (administrative records)
- College students
- College students -- Political activity
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute -- Fraternities
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute -- History
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute -- Students
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Interfraternity Council
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Student Council
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Student Senate
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Institute Archives and Special Collections Repository
110 8th Street
Institute Archives and Special Collections
Rensselaer Libraries, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Troy NY 12180-3590 US
518 276 8340