Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Records which document the Alpha Phi Omega Fraternity from 1947-present.
This collection consists of 52 posters representing twenty two different R.P.I. Fraternities from the mid-1960's.
The contents of the records convey the foundation of the Rensselaer Society of Engineers (RSE) whose roots derive from the Pi Eta Scientific Society, founded in 1866. This collection contains a copy of the 1867 minute book (obtained by Samuel Rezneck in 1968). Membership directories, the 75th Anniversary Register, and invitation memorabilia highlight the society's social life. The substantial portion of scientific papers make up the bulk of this collection.
This collection consists mainly of eight scrapbooks, sketchbooks and journals kept during the course of Babcock's life from school days to the latter part of his career. The scrapbooks contain a variety of items: obituaries, math notes, short stories, expense accounts, Babcock's artist talents, report cards, clippings of love and romance and photographs of his time at work in Chester, P.A.
- Subject: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute -- Fraternities X
- Greek letter societies 2
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute -- History 2
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute -- Societies 2
- Acacia Fraternity -- Rensselaer Chapter 1
- College students -- Social life 1
- Diaries 1
- Posters 1
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute -- Students 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sketchbooks 1 + ∧ less
- Acacia Fraternity 1
- Alpha Phi Omega 1
- Babcock, Washington Irving, 1858-1917 1
- Chicago Ship Building Company 1
- Pozzi, Lombard 1